I sampled quite a few brands since Yeonsoo & Jooha were younger but never really found a brand that I was satisfied with. Until recently, I saw that many mommies on Momsholic (a popular KR forum for mommies to share reviews & recommendations) were recommending 2 brands - one of which is Botanical Therapy. Since Yeonsoo and Jooha are older now, our new mom, Stephanie from #teamksisters who just had a newborn tested and reviewed these baby skincare brands on which was most effective.
WHAT TO CONSIDER FOR BABY LOTION?
There are so many baby lotions in the market, our criteria were the main concerns many parents have:
*Methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isopropyl paraben, isobutyl paraben, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol
WHY BOTANICAL THERAPY'S MOISTURE THERAPY BABY LOTION
And Botanical Therapy Baby Lotion passed all the criteria above! Stephanie also noticed that her baby's skin rashes and redness greatly reduced after 4 days of application after using the baby cream and lotion.
We also really like Botanical Therapy because it is a brainchild of a company that specialises in baby skincare, not adult skincare! So when we reviewed their lineup and formulas, we knew the brand has a deep understanding about baby skin and its behaviour. Plus, Botanical Therapy also brings in products such as kids conditioner as well as individual shampoo and body wash (instead of your usual 2-in-1!), which are not commonly found in other brands and are so rare! The Kids line will be launching in Sept together with their kids suncare and cleansing water which are very well-loved by KR moms too!
Consumer Testers Review
Their award-winning lotion features:
- No Fragrances or Dyes: An unscented formula to prevent any possible irritation.
- Natural Ingredients: NO harsh chemicals = Minimize skin irritations. Safe and natural ingredients such as Calendula, Hibiscus Flower extract and Witch Hazel to cleanse, moisturise and protect baby’s skin.
- Performance: Moisturises the skin for up to 48 hours without leaving it feeling greasy or tacky. Lightweight and fast-absorbing.
- Ceramide Complex - (identical to the lipids naturally found in the skin) to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier for it to better retain and lock in moisture for healthier, more resilient and suppler skin.
- Sage flower and Skullcap extract - Calms and soothes even the most sensitive of skin types, ideal for babies and newborns. Plus, it even works on toddlers above the age of 3 who are prone to sensitive skin!
- Eczema-Friendly: Hydrogen water (no, not just any type of normal water) balances the skin's pH levels. It is extremely important to ensure skin's pH levels are at its optimum for it to better function, absorb and take in the active ingredients for more pronounced results. This is thus, especially ideal for the treatment and prevention of eczema flare-ups in babies and toddlers.
2 EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW
Botanical Therapy believes in 2 key steps to maintain and ensure smooth, supple and soft skin. To do so, the brand has a Cleansing and Moisture Therapy line to help achieve healthier skin.
Tips On Using The Botanical Therapy Moisture Therapy Baby Lotion
Q1: Are all ingredients safe?
A1: Yes all Botanical Therapy products do not use any harsh chemicals, only natural ingredients safe and gentle enough for newborn babies.
Q2: What does the shampoo smell like?
A2: Unscented, and thus suitable for newborn babies
Q3: What is the suitable age range to use?
A3: Ages 0-3, older kids experiencing sensitive skin may use the baby skincare range as well.
Q4: Suitable for which skin types?
A4: All skin types, including eczema skin.
- If there is any abnormality or reaction in the area of use such as spots, swelling or itching due to direct sunlight when or after usage, consult a specialist.
- Avoid areas with wounds.
- Keep them out of daily reach of children.
- Store away from direct sunlight.
- Wash immediately if it gets into the eye.
Expiry Date: 15 December 2024
Made in Korea.