Botanical Therapy Cleansing Therapy Pure Baby Wash
As a mom, I always want the best for my girls, but choosing the right skincare for my girls can sometimes be difficult. What is really safe? Can they prevent or subside rashes and other skin issues? What are the ingredients we can trust? So many concerns came to my attention when curating baby and kids skincare. I also received so many DMs from #ksistersfam on when we are bringing baby and kids skincare and sorry it took so long to bring in! It was hard to find the RIGHT ONE~
I sampled quite a few brands since Yeonsoo & Jooha were younger but never really found a brand that I was satisfied with. Until recently, I saw that many mommies on Momsholic (a popular KR forum for mommies to share reviews & recommendations) were recommending 2 brands - one of which is Botanical Therapy. Since Yeonsoo and Jooha are older now, our new mom, Stephanie from #teamksisters who just had a newborn tested and reviewed these baby skincare brands on which was most effective.
Our criteria were the main concerns many parents have:
- Ingredients & Performance - Free of the 9 harmful chemicals* that can cause skin irritation + pass allergen-free tests
- No Fragrances - While added fragrances may smell nice, some might cause sensitive skin to get overly dry and irritated
- Suitable for Sensitive & Eczema Skin
- No-Tear Formula
*Methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, isopropyl paraben, isobutyl paraben, p-hydroxybenzoic acid, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcoholAnd Botanical Therapy Baby Wash passed all the criteria above! More importantly, they had individual products dedicated to scalp and bodycare. Why important? Baby’s scalp and body have different skin characteristics such as skin acidity (pH). Cleansers don’t have to be harsh to be effective, especially when babies’ skin is a lot more delicate and sensitive. Besides removing dirt, baths should also aid in protecting babies' skin. Tip from us - gentle massages during bath time can also promote blood circulation too!
We also really like Botanical Therapy because it is a brainchild of a company that specialises in baby skincare, not adult skincare! So when we reviewed their lineup and formulas, we knew the brand has a deep understanding about baby skin and its behaviour. Plus, Botanical Therapy also brings in products such as kids conditioner as well as individual shampoo and body wash (instead of your usual 2-in-1!), which are not commonly found in other brands and are so rare!
WHY BOTANICAL THERAPY'S CLEANSING THERAPY PURE BABY BODY WASH
It has a formula of pH level 5.5-6, similar to the baby skin. They’re known for creating baby skincare with lasting effects and they believe in treating delicate, sensitive skin by strengthening skin's barrier so that it is better able to protect and defend itself against any future aggressors that cause irritation or sensitivity overtime. They adopt a unique Herbaltherapy complex to preserve and formulate the medical characteristics of each plant to restore the health of baby and kid’s skin.
- No Dyes or Fragrances - creates gentle foam less irritating to the skin and is ideal and safe for newborns
- Natural Ingredients- NO harsh chemicals! Safe and natural ingredients such as Calendula, Hibiscus Flower extract and Witch Hazel to cleanse, moisturise and protect baby’s skin.
- Eczema-Friendly - Thanks to a blend of anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and soothing ingredients, the products are ideal for babies with sensitive skin. This then also helps to prevent any unwanted eczema flare-ups in babies and toddlers.
- Sensitive Skin-Friendly - Completed and passed 26 types of Allergen-free tests
- Hydrogen Water - Instead of using pure water, Hydrogen water has restorative properties that help maintain the stasis between oily and dry skin.
- Hibiscus Flower Extract - Naturally sloughs away dead skin cells while locking in moisture for clearer, smoother skin.
- Calendula and Witch Hazel Extracts - Soothe areas with sensitivity like redness, itch and dryness. While works excellent on the skin (yes, even skin that is prone to eczema, redness and itch)!
2 EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW
Botanical Therapy believes in 2 key steps to maintain and ensure smooth, supple and soft skin. To do so, the brand has a Cleansing and Moisture Therapy line to help achieve healthier skin.
Consumer Testers Review
INSTRUCTIONS FOR STORAGE:
Store in a cool area away from direct sunlight.
- If there is any abnormality or reaction in the area of use such as spots, swelling or itching due to direct sunlight when or after usage, consult a specialist.
- Avoid areas with wounds.
- Keep them out of daily reach of children.
- Store away from direct sunlight.
- Wash immediately if it gets into the eye.
Q1: Are all ingredients safe?
A1: Yes all Botanical Therapy products do not use any harsh chemicals, only natural ingredients safe and gentle enough for newborn babies.
Q2: What does the shampoo smell like?
A2: Unscented, and thus suitable for newborn babies
Q3: What is the suitable age range to use?
A3: Ages 0-3, older kids experiencing sensitive skin may use the baby skincare range as well.
Q4: Suitable for which skin types?
A4: All skin types, including eczema skin.
Expiry Date: 9 Feb 2024