90ml / bottle
As a mom, I always want the best for my girls, but choosing the right skincare for my girls can sometimes be difficult. What is really safe? Can they prevent or subside rashes and other skin issues? What are the ingredients we can trust? So many concerns came to my attention when curating baby and kids skincare. I also received so many DMs from #ksistersfam on when we are bringing baby and kids skincare and sorry it took so long to bring in! It was hard to find the RIGHT ONE~
I sampled quite a few brands since Yeonsoo & Jooha were younger but never really found a brand that I was satisfied with. Until recently, I saw that many mommies on Momsholic (a popular KR forum for mommies to share reviews & recommendations) were recommending 2 brands - one of which is Botanical Therapy. Since Yeonsoo and Jooha are older now, our new mom, Stephanie from #teamksisters who just had a newborn tested and reviewed these baby skincare brands on which was most effective.
VERY LOVED BY KOREAN MOMMIES!
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING A BABY OIL?
Many of times, we want our baby's skin to be smooth and soft but fact is, it tends to get dry and sensitive easily. Thus, it is crucial to include creams, lotions and oils that are gentle yet effective to deliver long-lasting moisture and prevent future irritation.
Some also aid in treating eczema, itch, redness and rash (which are common skin concerns that babies are prone to so you don't have to worry too much when this happens!).
Moreover, the skin on our (yes, babies and toddlers included) body is said to have lesser sebaceous glands than that of the skin on our faces, and so, it is more susceptible to dryness, flakiness and irritation.
To make things worse, our hot and humid weather tends to damage our skin barrier easily. When this occurs, our skin is weaker, less resilient and is unable to properly defend and protect itself from harmful external aggressors, leading to sensitivity and irritation.
Therefore, incorporating a proper body care regime for your babies and kids is so important to maintain smooth, soft and well-hydrated skin.
Ingredients - Formulated with only 3 botanical oils for a gentle yet effective treatment on the skin
Fragrances - While added fragrances may smell nice, some might cause skin sensitivities, dryness or irritation
- Suitable for Sensitive & Eczema Skin
Performance - Hydrating but no greasy/sticky feeling post-application
WHY BOTANICAL THERAPY'S MOISTURE THERAPY BABY OIL
Stephanie from Team Ksisters noticed that her baby's skin rashes and redness greatly reduced after 4 days of applying the baby oil and lotion!
On top of that, this can be used for a relaxing baby massage, perfect for post-bath time naps!
- Ingredients:This is safe for daily use and is formulated with only 3 key oils for maximum efficacy yet gentle enough to use even on newborns.
- Macadamia Oil boasts hypoallergenic and antioxidant-rich properties to protect babies' delicate skin.
- Moringa Oil delivers the needed vitamins and nutrients to healthier skin. Plus, it is even boosted with anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties to soothe skin, making it suitable for babies - and toddlers - with eczema, redness and other skin sensitivities.
Jojoba oil then works to constantly deliver moisture and even has anti-microbial and wound-healing properties too!
- Texture: Non-greasy and fast-absorbing so it won't feel sticky or tacky post-application.
No dyes, parabens and fragrances: An unscented formula without any nasty ingredients to prevent any possible irritation.
We also really like Botanical Therapy because it is a brainchild of a company that specialises in baby skincare, not adult skincare! So when we reviewed their lineup and formulas, we knew the brand has a deep understanding about baby skin and its behaviour. Plus, Botanical Therapy also brings in products such as kids conditioner as well as individual shampoo and body wash (instead of your usual 2-in-1!), which are not commonly found in other brands and are so rare!
[SOME AMAZING CONSUMER TESTER RESULTS TOO] Botanical Therapy actually became popular in Korea through word-of-mouth within the mommy community. Their award-winning lotion features:
- No Fragrances or Dyes: An unscented formula to prevent any possible irritation.
- Natural Ingredients: NO harsh chemicals = Minimize skin irritations. Safe and natural ingredients such as Calendula, Hibiscus Flower extract and Witch Hazel to cleanse, moisturise and protect baby’s skin.
- Performance: Moisturises the skin for up to 48 hours without leaving it feeling greasy or tacky. Lightweight and fast-absorbing.
- Ceramide Complex - (identical to the lipids naturally found in the skin) to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier for it to better retain and lock in moisture for healthier, more resilient and suppler skin.
- Sage flower and Skullcap extract - Calms and soothes even the most sensitive of skin types, ideal for babies and newborns. Plus, it even works on toddlers above the age of 3 who are prone to sensitive skin!
- Eczema-Friendly: Hydrogen water (no, not just any type of normal water) balances the skin's pH levels. It is extremely important to ensure skin's pH levels are at its optimum for it to better function, absorb and take in the active ingredients for more pronounced results. This is thus, especially ideal for the treatment and prevention of eczema flare-ups in babies and toddlers.
2 EASY STEPS TO FOLLOW
Botanical Therapy believes in 2 key steps to maintain and ensure smooth, supple and soft skin. To do so, the brand has a Cleansing and Moisture Therapy line to help achieve healthier skin.
Tips On Using The Botanical Therapy Moisture Therapy Baby Oil
Q1: Are all ingredients safe?
A1: Yes all Botanical Therapy products do not use any harsh chemicals, only natural ingredients safe and gentle enough for newborn babies.
Q2: What does the shampoo smell like?
A2: Unscented, and thus suitable for newborn babies
Q3: What is the suitable age range to use?
A3: Ages 0-3, older kids experiencing sensitive skin may use the baby skincare range as well.
Q4: Suitable for which skin types?
A4: All skin types, including eczema skin.
Expiry Date: 7 February 2024
Made in Korea.