Delivery Date: Following week Thursday/Friday
- We only deliver in the last 2 days of the week. E.g. Order placed on 6 June, delivery will either be 16 or 17 June
- An SMS will be sent to you when delivery date has been arranged. Should you wish to reschedule, kindly fill up the form via the given link in the SMS before the cut-off time, every WED 10AM.
- Recommended for: Individuals who loves Korean food.
- Gebang Restaurant is NOT halal certified.
- Volume: 400g
- 1 box consists of 1 crab.
IMPORTANT NOTES ON DELIVERY
- This product will be packed & dispatched by a 3rd party courier.
- There are 2 different promo delivery dates. Kindly note that delivery will be strictly on those dates specified.
FOR PREORDERS from 26 May to 5 June: An SMS will be sent to you when delivery date has been arranged. Should you wish to reschedule, kindly fill up the form via the given link in the SMS before the cut-off time (i.e. 3 JUN, 10 AM for 7-10 JUN DELIVERY. 9 JUN, 10 AM for 14-17 JUN DELIVERY.)
Once your order has been submitted to our fulfilment team for delivery arrangement, strictly no changes can be made to the order and shipping address provided.
- Please ensure that the correct shipping information has been provided during the checkout. Do note that the crabs are temperature sensitive, hence it is important that you provide us with the correct shipping information and ensure that there is someone at the address to receive the items during delivery, otherwise it will be constituted as a failed delivery.
- We do not recommend our couriers to leave your parcel at the door step/riser. Should you require our courier to leave the parcel at your chosen area, please note that Ksisters and our logistic/courier partners will not be held liable should the said parcel is missing/damaged/food condition is less than satisfactory e.g. thawed.
- Ksisters and our logistic/courier partners will not be held liable for any failed delivery. A S$33 surcharge will be incurred for any failed delivery or for any changes made to your order after the stipulated cut off time (charges applied by our external partner).
- WE ONLY ACCEPT DOMESTIC ORDERS FOR THIS ITEM.
WHAT IT IS
20,000 boxes sold in Gebang Sikdang since its first launch! Not available on any websites!
Selected by the Michelin Guide Seoul for 5 consecutive years (from 2018-2022), the 25 year old restaurant, Gebang Restaurant or Gebang Sikdang (게방식당) specialises in crab stews. After the successful launch of their signature dish, Ganjang Gejang, we're back with more menu from this restaurant and we have finally brought in the most highly requested Yangnyeom Gejang (Spicy Marinated Crab).
Yangnyeom Gejang (양념게장) is a Spicy Marinated Raw Crab dish and is made by marinating raw crabs together with spicy seasoning (yangnyeom). Similar to the soy-sauce counterpart, it is also nicknamed by Koreans as a “rice thief” — your bowl of rice will be gone in no time while you enjoy sucking the flavour-packed crab meat. If you're a fan of spicy (and slightly) sweet flavours, you will definitely LOVE this!
Gebang Sikdang is a Korean modern styled restaurant created by Bang Geon-hyuk, the CEO and a former fashion marketer along with his parents who have 25 years of experience in selling crabs.
Korean dishes made with Korean traditional sauce are also found in old-fashioned food or restaurants. To narrow this gap, this restaurant was created to ensure individuals could eat Korean traditional food with a modern twist, in a fashionable way. CEO Bang now runs the business as a second generation where he blended food with sensual design to satisfy both the sense of sight and taste
This spicy and sweet delicacy, Gebang Restaurant Yangnyeom Gejang (Spicy Marinated Crabs), is made using Jeollanam-do Korean female crabs filled with eggs and combined with Gebang Sikdang's spicy and sweet addictive seasoning sauce made with red pepper powder, soy sauce, lemon, apple, plum extract, etc.
Once you receive the product, cut the crab into bite-size pieces and enjoy the crab meat soaked in this spicy and sweet seasoning sauce. To ensure its freshness, we definitely recommend you to consume it within a few days.
HOW TO CONSUME
Keep refrigerated in the freezer. Due to varied temperatures, kindly thaw on the day before eating or a day before in the refrigerator. After thawing, please consume as soon as possible.
Cut the crab into bite size pieces with a knife or scissors & squeeze the meat out!
- Enjoy the popular menu of Gebang Sikdang at home
- Place eggs and innards of spicy marinated crab on top of warm rice, and top with seaweed flakes, chopped green onions and egg yolk.
- If you add sesame oil, sesame seeds, and unseasoned seaweed, you can complete Crab bibimbap, a popular menu at Gaebang Sikdang as well.
- How to use the remaining spicy and sweet sauce
- Store the remaining sauce in the refrigerator and use it as a seasoning when making fried noodles or fried rice.
- Mix it with warm rice and eat it with unseasoned seaweed or add it to various stews and seafood dishes to double the taste.
- It is recommended to store the remaining sauce for 24hours only, after thawing. This is due to varied fridge conditions.