IWLT Rice Cleansing Water
WHAT IS I WOKE UP LIKE THIS?
I Woke Up Like This is a rising star skin care brand in Korea with their mild botanical formula and great product quality. Especially their sunblock, BB, and Whitening mask pack have become the key star products in this year with amazing IG rave reviews. I also really liked that Han Yona (the founder of IWLT) developed this brand with Cosmax (who is the manufacturer of Lancome, Loreal, and Shuemura products), when she was pregnant. She was looking for some safe skin care for both her sensitive skin and baby inside, but couldn't find one in the market. That is why she launched this brand which has very mild formula! So, IWLT is known as a brand for pregnant ladies!
GENTLE yet EFFECTIVE IWLT Rice Cleansing Water! Rice Oil Foam Cleanser
IWLT newly launched RICE cleanser became their best seller right after launch. Except the Headquarter, Ksisters is the first seller doing big discount Preorder, because I really wanted to bring it as soon as possible after trying! Since it is selling quite fast in Korea now, This Preorder will not be Open PO. We have secured certain amount of stocks, so once we reach that quantity, we have to close even before Sunday! So if you like the deal, cart out fast.
WHY CLEANSING IS IMPORTANT?
You know many Korean ladies are obsessed with flawless skin. To achieve it, a common sense we broadly share in Korea is the importance of right cleansing. In Korea, there is a word “Removing makeup before bed is more important than wearing nice make-up.” As most makeup is made of oily substances, when it stays on for the next day, it clogs your pores and leads to the appearance of more acne and blackhead breakouts. That's why it is important to cleanse it right before going to bed, and then moisturizing your face to help your skin breathe right. I would say together with wearing sunblock everyday, removing makeup every night diligently is another most critical beauty habit you need to build.
One thing I sensed new trend change in Korea was before Korean ladies used to want to find Strong cleanser and believed that squeaky feeling after washing is proof of “well cleansed.” But Now we understand your squeaky feeling (or for me rather a sensitive, tight, and dry feeling) was your acid mantle being stripped and knocked out of balance. So Gentle(PH balanced) cleansing is a big trend now.
This protective acid mantle is also referred to as the hydro-lipid film, a protective slightly acidic film that sits on the skin surface, acting as the interface between you and the world.
This mantle discouraged the growth of fungi and bacteria. It was also discovered that chronic alkalisation can knock this acid mantle out of balance, which can lead to inflammation, dermatitis and atopic skin diseases.
pH is measured from one upwards, with one being highly acidic and 14 eight being highly alkaline, and a pH of 7 is neutral. A pH between 1 and 6,9 is acidic and between 7,1 and 14 is alkaline.
The optimal pH of human skin is 4.7- 5.75, which is slightly acidic. Skin PH level is highly related to condition of skin and skin protection layer.
If your skin is fairly acidic, which helps it ward off the advances of harmful bacteria and fungi. Germ and Bacteria can’t grow under PH 6.
If your skin is closer to alkaline, your skin can be easily damages, and get trouble easily, and germ bacteria and fungi can easily grow.
Your IWLT Rice Cleansers are slightly acidic, which will help you to restore your skin pH balance.
So when I wanted to introduce cleanser I actually tried 4 different ones from different brands. Yes I have tested out on myself. Since my skin is quite sensitive(if you have seen my IG live or story you will remember!) I believe I am very good QC tester because of my sensitive skin.
And this is another reason I just don’t introduce all IWLT products at one time. I want to make sure that each product is actually individually ok, compared to good ones in market.
So when I tested out and compared, my criteria was Gentle(PH balanced)/ Moisturizing/ Effective! And happily both IWLT cleansers passed it! Unlike other gentle cleansers that I have used, IWLT both cleansers were still effective. Play below video to see how cleansing water removes water proof eyeliner and lipstick on my cheek!
GENTLE/ MOISTURIZING/ EFFECTIVE
And check out raved reviews from our 12 consumer testers below too! You can tell they really enjoy using them.
And Check out their latest Irritation Test by Korea Institute of Dermatological Sciences. Both Cleansers results were 0 irritation. (33 testers/ 1 month usage) [ Use image irritation test]
CLEANSING WATER Key Ingredients:
- Rice Ferment Filtrate(Sake) will open the pore and discharge the waste from body, prevent skin aging, and maintain the skin moisturized with natural glow. Vitamins and Amino acids from Rice Ferment Filtrate will nourish the skin and will help to restore PH balance.
- Riboflavin from Rice Extract(Oryza Sativa) prevent the skin trouble and help to enhance soft and supple skin. Vitamins are also included, which will help skin elasticity and complexion enhancement.
- Edelweiss extract from Swiss Alps will protect skin surface and enhance the health of skin.
How to USE
For Night Cleansing, I use cleansing water first and use oil foam cleanser later.
For morning Cleansing, I only use Oil Foam cleanser.
- Cleansing Water: Pump as much needed to the cotton pad (Jungmin usually pumps 4 times) and remove the makeup on your face and neck.
- Oil Foam Cleanser
- Shake well before usage, so that 2 layers can be mixed well.
- Pump 1 ~ 2 times and massage your face gently
- Wash off your face with warm water.
- People who are looking for healthy and less irritated cleanser
- People who have super sensitive skin
- People who like double cleansing
- People who think moisturizing after cleansing is important
- People who like PH balanced cleanser
- Wash your hands clearly first! If you don’t wash your hands first, impurities on your hand will transfer to your face and the cleansing power will be weakened too
- Make sure use enough amount! If you don’t use enough cleansing water, rubbing with cotton pad can be another stress on your skin. It is upto each person, but I pump 4 times of cleansing water and 2 times of Oil Foam cleanser usually.
- Finish with Cold water! When you wash of course use you can use warm water (not hot water!) but when you finish just use cold water to tighten your pores.
- 3 sec moisturizing after wash! Right after wash off your face don’t wait too long to apply your toner! Right after wash remove the remaining water on your face with tower (just tok tok again, not rubbing!) and then apply toner right after! It is so much better for moisturizing.
CLEANSING WATER Ingredients: Water, Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Leontopodium Alpinum Flower/Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Rice Ferment Filtrate (Sake), 1,2-Hexanediol, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Panthenol, Myristamine Oxide, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Butylene Glycol, Octanediol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol
Expiry Date: August 2021
Best Recommend with IWLT Oil Foam Cleanser: LINK