• Do not use if you have a pacemaker, internal defibrillator, or any other active electrical implant anywhere in the body
• Do not use if there is an artificial device in your body that could conduct electricity
• Do not use if there is a permanent artificial device, such as a metal plate or silicone implant, in the area to be used.
• do not use if you have a history of cancer or malignancy
• Do not use if you have poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes and thyroid conditions
• Do not use if you have abnormal skin conditions caused by diabetes, systemic or other metabolic diseases
• Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing
• Do not use if there is wound, psoriasis, eczema, or rash on the area to be used
• Do not use on areas that have undergone surgery within the last months
• Do not use if you have a history of epilesy
• If you have a history of disease that could recur under heat stimulation, such as herpes simplex, take precautions before use
• Do not use if you have a history of photosensitivity
• Do not use if you have received radiation therapy or chemo therapy within the last 3 months
Q1. Is there any skincare products to avoid using in the same sitting?
A1. Do not apply penetrative products such as Retinol immediately after treatment. We recommend you to use calming products.
Q2. Besides the Slider gel, can it be used with other skincare products?
A2. We do not recommend using other product unless it is 100% natural and as conductive as pure hyaluronic acid which our natural skin produces.
Q3. What is the appropriate amount of gel to use, how to determine this?
A3. The amount of gel is subjective depending each individual.
Q4. Do we need to reapply the gel if we find it hard to glide?
A4. Reapply gel is necessary for more efficiency.
Q5. Besides the level of intensity, is there any other settings that is adjustable?
A5. No. There is only the level of intensity that is adjustable.
Q6. How frequently to charge the machine? How long to charge each time?
A6. There is no charging of the FaceTite Version 2.0 it is a device that requiring plugging to AC.
Q7. Is it recommended for acne skin?
A7. Not advisable for those with serious acne condition with open wounds. Light or mild acne condition is perfectly alright. For younger person with controlled acne skin, facetite treatments can help the skin to improve faster.
Q8. How do we determine which level is suitable?
A8. It is recommended to start with the lowest intensity and gradually increase over time, it is again subjective depending on skin sensitivity and tolerance. Some people have tougher skin could go up to the highest level in first treatment and feel perfectly fine while others who rushed to scale up the intensity have reddened skin that takes hours to settle down. Take it slow and steady and adapt individually.
Q9. Can those who have done laser before use?
A9. Not advisable to do treatment right after laser treatment. As we all can understand that that laser treatment is doing the same thing at a much higher intensity and strength to damage and heal. Our skin has the capacity to repair and regrow in so many ways and of course recovery is key.
Q10. How long should they wait after the laser treatment?
A10. As long as your face has recovered and is not sensitive to the sun, you are able to start on the Facetite.
Q11. For those with fillers or botox done, is this device suitable for them?
A11. We recommend that you check with your dermatologist whether it is suitable to use, as Facetite is made from 3 energy sources.
Q12. Is it recommended to use surgical spirit/rubbing alcohol/toner to clean the machine?
A12. To clean the device, remove any gel and wipe the surface including the treatment surface with a clean, damp cloth. Use a cleaning fluid with 70% alcohol.
Q13. Can the machine be washed?
A13. No. The machine cannot be washed!
Q14. To turn on the machine, need to press and hold the power button? Or just press once to turn on and press again to choose the level of intensity? Is the level chosen indicated?
A14. Yes, press and hold the button to turn off the device. After pressing and holding to turn it on, every press rotates the intensity from 1 to 5, and we can see the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
Q15. How frequently to use?
A15. For optimum results, we recommend: 2 sessions a week for 10 weeks. By then you will see a change in the skin texture. After that, treat once every 2 weeks to maintain results.
Q16. How long to use the machine each time?
A16. Treat each area separately for 10 - 15 minutes. You can treat as many areas as you like in one session.
Q17. How to use the machine? Tapping on concerned spots/gliding?
A17. Press the start button to turn on the device. The level 1 energy level indicator light will go on.
Press the device's surface firmly against your skin. You will feel a mild sensation of warmth. Move the device in gentle massage-like linear motions on the area you wish to treat. Progress slowly and carefully.
Q18. How does it feel on the skin?
A18. A mild sensation of warmth.
Q19. Is there a manual included in the box?
A19. Yes, the user manual can be found in the box
Q20. How to incorporate into skincare routine? At which step should the machine be used?
A20. Start with cleanser, facetite treatment, wash off excess gel then apply your routine serum and moisturiser to protect you skin