Puremer Reset Retinol
🤩 BEST RETINOL FROM SOUTH KOREA IS FINALLY HERE IN SINGAPORE!!
1 Box of Retinol consists of:
- 6 x Retinol Cream (5g each)
(It is recommended to use retinol for 18 weeks or longer for best and visible results!)
SKINCARE TO AVOID USING RIGHT BEFORE & RIGHT AFTER PUREMER RESET RETINOL
- Any products with acids (eg Vitamin C, AHA, BHA, PHA)
- Any exfoliating products (peeling pads, physical or chemical exfoliators)
- Please avoid using TARA BHA Peel, Lavien Creaming Toner, Lavien Perfect Balance Daily Cleansing Foam, Lavien Perfect Pore Program, Ohiohoo Apple Tok Tok Toner, Ohiohoo Blackhead Out Kit, Ohiohoo Re'juice Blue Tansy & Re'juice (Parsley), Etinceler All Clear Cleanser, BY ECOM Heartleaf Blackhead Cleaner, BY ECOM Heartleaf Purifying mask, BY ECOM Spot Eraser Range & Grape Seed Water Gel Mask, COMMONLABS. Vitamin C Range, Dual Vita Purifying Cleanser, Triple Vita Balancing Toner & Mask, Ggultamin C Real Gel Mask, Triple Vita Hydrating Facial Cream, Bonabella Teatree Purifying Mask & 28Days Return Booster, IWLT Peeling Pad, Jung Beauty Baby Pore Kit, Lavien Roller & Bebetox Roller as these products contain exfoliating acids and micro-needling function.
- If you are using any of the above in your daily skincare routine, you may resume using them the next day after using Puremer Reset Retinol.
- Scroll down to the bottom for FAQ and more information on how to use Puremer Retinol with Jung Beauty Baby Pore Kit together.
NOTE: CONSULT A DOCTOR BEFORE USING RETINOL IF YOU'RE ON ANY CHEMICAL PEEL OR AESTHETIC PROCEDURES. PREGNANT AND BREASTFEEDING LADIES ARE NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE.
Why did Jungmin decide to bring in retinol?
As I age, I am always on the lookout for the best anti-aging product and saw many articles on experts recommending retinol as the best solution even after many years! #Ksistersteam then started to deep dive into it deeper! While researching, we found out that retinol is the ultimate solution for all aging skin concern ladies so we studied hard during the past 1 year in order to only bring the best retinol for our #ksistersfam!
What is retinol and how it works?
Retinol, a derivative of Vitamin A which helps the skin cells to turnover faster so new skin cells will generate which results in smoother and even-looking skin! It is an essential nutrient for your skin to speed up healing, improve skin conditions such as acne (normalise oil production) prevent breakouts and supports the skin's immune system. Here are the benefits of using retinol in the long-run:
- Anti-aging & wrinkles
- Reduce & prevent acne
- Pigmentation, age (sun) spots, freckles, photoaging
- Stimulate collagen & elastin production
- Improves & smoothens uneven skin texture
Unlike your toner, serum, or masks, you can't just simply slap retinol on your skin just like that. If you're new to retinol, it's always best to start slow with a pea-sized amount, or use it on alternate days and gradually increase the usage frequency over time! This is to avoid unwanted side effects and skin irritation!
SPF 🔆 is also very important when you use retinol. Always remember to apply sunscreen the next day! 👍🏻
Our selection criteria
Some of the criteria we looked out for was:
- High yet gentle enough retinol IU for beginners
- Individual packaging
- Well protected & Deep absorbing retinol with triple stabilization system
- Reliable company
With these points in mind and through several trials and tests with #Ksistersteam, we finally settled on Puremer's Retinol!
1. High yet gentle enough retinol IU for beginners
Puremer's retinol has high enough international unit (IU - an internationally accepted amount of a substance that is measured for the effectiveness of the ingredient), yet still gentle for all skin types and beginners! Retinol is an ingredient powerhouse that many experts rave about but also has many things to take into consideration upon your first usage.
If you apply too much percentage on your first usage, you might experience skin purging, peeling, and redness on your skin. Hence, we wanted to find a retinol that is higher than 2500IU (*Korea's MFDS recognition standard as retinol skincare) yet gentle enough on the skin.
In South Korea, the government only recognizes retinol as functioning skincare when it is above 2500IU and Puremer's retinol is 3300IU / 0.1%!
Why 3300IU Retinol?
Even though retinol shows visible results in the long run, many people still experience side effects and quit easily.
After years of research, Puremer found out that 3300IU is the MAGIC NUMBER! Of course, the IU number is important, but the most important factor is still consistency! With this in mind, Puremer strives to find the most optimized balance between effectiveness & minimizing side effects so you can actually finish the entire course without worrying!
2. Individual packaging
Puremer's retinol is individually packed (5g x 6ea) perfect for 6 weeks usage (1 box contains 6 tubes), whereas the usual retinol is packed in one full tube! As you know, retinol can be easily destroyed by oxygen, light & heat. Individual packaging is very important in order to prevent damage & ensure effectiveness!
3. Well protected & Deep absorbing retinol with triple stabilization system
Retinol is very hard to be stabilized. Puremer uses Triple Stabilization System to not only stabilize the retinol ingredients but also maximize the absorption! With this technology, retinol's structure transforms into the closest structure of the human skin cell so the absorption can be accelerated! This technology also ensures that it is well-protected and effective until the customers finish the last drop.
4. Reliable company
Puremer was launched in 2020 and its headquarter is South Korea's No.1 aesthetic leader specializing in esthetics for 27 years! It has over 10,000 business connections with clinics and hospitals! If you've been to Korea for any facial treatment, chances are you might have used their products before!
To maximize the effectiveness of retinol, Puremer has formulated these ingredients together to ensure efficacy!
- Mung Bean Seed Extract (Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Extract)- Well known for anti-aging, brightening, and protect skin from harmful UV rays
- Birch Bark Extract (Betula Alba Bark Extract) - Improve skin barrier & Hydration
- Yellow Dock (Rumex Crispus Root Extract) - Anti-inflammatory
- Ceramide NP - Improves & hydrates your skin.
- Beta Glucan - Improve skin barrier, eczema, or acne issues.
- Color & Preservative Free - No extra chemical coloring as it's pure Vitamin A ingredient.
Clinically proven with visible results!
Efficacy Evaluation Test for Laugh Line
After 4 weeks of efficacy evaluation test for improving nasolabial folds (laugh line), it has shown that the wrinkle has improved by 13.96%!
*The image above shows the laugh line improvement over 4 weeks. The darker the colour shows that the skin area has visible lines and wrinkles. Over 4 weeks, you can see that the colour has become lighter which shows improvement on the concerned areas.
Skin Wrinkle & Roughness Improvement Effect Test
After 8 weeks of test, it has shown that the skin wrinkle & roughness has improved by 29.33%!
How to apply?
- 1 Box contains 6 tubes which is suitable for 6 weeks usage.
- After cleansing, apply your usual skincare routine: toner > essence/serum > retinol. Take a pea-sized amount of retinol and apply it on areas with wrinkle concerns.
- When first introducing retinol to your skincare routine, the key is to start with a pea-sized amount and use it on alternate days for the first 1-2 weeks and increase usage frequency once your skin has adapted to retinol.
- ONLY use retinol during nighttime skincare routine as retinol is weak against sunlight and it decreases retinol's effectiveness!
- Apply SPF daily!
- NOT recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding ladies!
- Retinol makes your skin cell turnover faster hence it is normal to experience redness, itchiness and stinging on the skin. If the condition persists, please consult a doctor immediately.
- Store it away from sunlight and keep it away from children.
It is recommended to use retinol for 18 weeks or longer for best and visible results!
Note: If you've sensitive skin or a first-time Retinol user concerned about retinol irritating your skin, and would like to take extra steps to soothe and calm your skin, try our Puremer Retinol Sandwich Method! What the “sandwiching” technique does is to moisturize and calm the skin while helping to mitigate any possible irritating effects of retinol.
Q1: Can I use AHA, BHA products with Retinol?
A1: It is NOT recommended to use AHA, BHA, or any active products with retinol as it may irritate your skin.
Q2: Can I use Vitamin C products with Retinol?
A2: It is recommended to use Vitamin C products in the morning and Retinol at night.
Q3: Can I use Retinol in the daytime?
A3: It is NOT recommended to use retinol in the morning as it is weak against sunlight and it decreases retinol's effectiveness! ONLY use retinol at night and after your serum/ampoules to prevent any skin irritation!
Q3. Can I start using retinol in my 20s?
A3: Yes, you can start using it in your mid-20s!
Q4: If my child is experiencing acne issues while going through puberty in their 16s~18s can they use retinol?
A4: If they have normal acne issues, it is best recommended to use Puremer's Retinol. However, if it is severe/problematic acne issues, it is recommended to visit the doctor to get a proper medical prescription.
Q5. Will I experience any side effects when using retinol?
A5: Retinol makes your skin cell turnover faster hence you may experience side effects such as itching, flaky skin, swelling, red rash around your skin, which is completely normal, this shows that your skin is getting used to it and is also trying to adapt at the same time! However, if the condition still persists even after days or weeks, kindly consult a doctor immediately!
Q6: Do I have to apply SPF after using Retinol?
A6: Yes, you MUST apply SPF daily to protect your skin!
Q7: Can I exfoliate my skin when using retinol?
A7: If you exfoliate your skin, avoid using Retinol for that day!
Q8: Can I use retinol if I'm pregnant or breastfeeding?
A8: AVOID using retinol if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.
Q9: If I am doing micro-needling or aesthetic treatments on my face can I still use retinol?
A9: It is recommended to avoid using retinol after any micro-needling or aesthetic treatments on your face to prevent skin irritation. Depending on your skin recovery condition, please wait at least a few days before applying retinol again. (We recommend using Puremer's Reset Serum to calm your skin right after any aesthetic procedures!)
Q10: Can I replace my eye cream with retinol?
A10: Yes, you can replace eye cream with Puremer's Reset Retinol as it functions as an eye cream too and helps to reduce dark circles and wrinkles around eye areas! (Please remember to only apply retinol at night, do not apply retinol as an eye cream in the morning!)
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUREMER RETINOL & JUNG BEAUTY BABY PORE KIT?
- Baby Pore Kit is a skin detox and pore tightening program. It decongest & tightens pores by removing excess sebum, dead skin cells and dirt built-up.
- Retinol DOESN’T EXFOLIATE but works on a more profound level to stimulate cell turnover from the deeper skin layers up (not uppermost layers!). Once absorbed into skin, it is “signalling” living skin cells to make healthier, younger cells - which is by collagen LOVES retinol because it improves collagen stimulation!
- Baby Pore Kit is a professional homecare program with more instant results, but think of Retinol as a long-term regular anti-aging & acne-care step!
HOW TO USE BOTH TOGETHER?
- Avoid using both on the same day as it might cause too much stress on the skin! On days you’re using Baby Pore Step 1 Mask, skip retinol cream. Resume retinol cream the following night.
Ingredients: Water, Caprylic/Capic Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Butylene Glycol, Beta-Glucan, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Petrolatum, Polysorbate 60, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycereth-26, Hydroxyacetophenone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Betula Platyphylla Japonica Bark Extract, Phaseolus Radiatus Seed Extract, Phytosteryl/Behenyl/Octyldodecyl Lauroyl Glutamate, Rumex Crispus Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Panthenol, Alcohol, Phytosteryl/Isotearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polysorbate 20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ceramide NP, Retinol, Xanthan Gum, 1,2-Hexanediol, Potassium Hydroxide, Cholesterol, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, PEG-5 Rapeseed Sterol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Metabisulfite, Ceteth-3, Ceteth-5, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Sea Water, Hydrolyzed Roe, Caprylyl Glycol. (Contains 3300IU of Retinol)
Expiry Date: 11 May 2023
Consumer Tester Reviews